Hey Guys! I hope you had a great weekend!
This weekend I started Chapter 12 of my current book, which is a post-apocalyptic after the lights go out in America.
It got me thinking! Yes, I know, dangerous territory! Did you see the smoke? 🙂
So, I started to think, what would and wouldn’t I miss in a post – apocalyptic world?
I would miss:
- First and foremost, I would miss my daughter if she didn’t live on the same coast as I am on. This is one of my greatest fears. Heck, any parent would have this fear. Never seeing our children again. I once told my daughter that if anything like this happened, we would have to plan a location to meet in. Her response? If I’m in California, I’m staying in California. Alrighty then… I’ll have to travel, on bike, or walking, over 3,000 miles. Fun times!
- Family and Friends. If I’m at the point in my life that I am working from the road and traveling the country, would I be able to make it back home? Better question, with all the violence that is sure to follow, would I risk my life to try and make it home?
- My Kindle. But, I would always have books, as well, so, reading wouldn’t go away.
- My iPhone. Ummm, hello.. Candy Crush and Pokemon GO! Oh, and I guess texting with friends and family, lol.
- My laptop. I would miss writing my books. I’d have to go back to the old way and make sure I have plenty of paper and pencils to continue writing. Even if no one were able to read them, I think I’d still continue writing.
- Starbucks. I would SO miss my Passion Tea Lemonade!
- Grocery Stores. It’s going to be a lot of work hunting food, planting a garden and living off the land.
What I wouldn’t miss:
- My weight! Hello walking and biking around to everywhere. Would love to see those pounds shed right off!
- My iPhone. Yes, I know that’s on my miss list as well, but, the dependency we have on it today? Sometimes I wish it were a paperweight instead!
- Grocery Stores. I know I’m strange. The grocery store goes on this list as well because it’s one of the easiest places to get food that is bad for us.
- The government. Ummm, have you seen the way it’s turning? Can you imagine if this situation happened during Trump or Clinton running for office? Trump would be in denial and Clinton would lie and say it’s not really happening.
- Work. Strangely enough, this would go on my not miss list LOL! I’ll be working hard enough to keep myself alive and keep food growing. Never mind having to deal with going to work. But, as I work on my computer all the time at work, continuing to work would be a non-issue.
- Bills. Oh come on. Who in the world wouldn’t miss bills?? Go back to a time with a barter system?
If an EMP ever went off over our country, what would you miss? What wouldn’t you miss? Do you think this is something that would happen in our lifetime?